N.100 Marinestation der Nordsee property stamped .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit
This article discusses three variations of the Weimar era Erma/Erfurt large box .22 Cal Sub Caliber Conversion unit or S.E.L.f. P.08 identified as:
- N.100 Marinestation der Nordsee property stamped .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit, serial number 548.
- 3./R.R.13.1. Weapon no. 1, 3rd Squadron, 13th Reiter, Prussian Cavalry Regiment .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit, serial number 3679.
- WaA132 commercial S.E.L.f. P.08 .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit, serial number 3595a.
Discussed first is a very rare Weimar era manufactured (1932 – 1935) Reichsmarine N.100 North Sea property marked, large rectangular wooden boxed ERMA/Erfurt Selbstlade-Einsteck-lauf (S.E.L.) für Pistole 08 or S.E.L.f. P.08 Sub Caliber .22 Cal LR Conversion Unit. A Weimar Reichsmarine Navy target-training accessory to be used with Weimar Navy P.08 Lugers. This identical N.100 .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit was first pictured in Luger Holsters and Their Accessories, © 1992 by E. Bender, where it is pictured on pages 251, 252 and 253 as part of the Nico van Gijn Collection and where it has been since 1988 – 2013. Prior to 1988 it was part of the late Dick Deibel Collection, a noted Dutch Luger collector and author. Based on the exterior condition of the box and interior components moderate loss of bluing on high contact areas, such as the toggle knob grasping surfaces, this conversion unit has seen much use while in the German navy and possibly later out of the navy, however, the overall box and contents are in excellent condition with the blued parts retaining a 98 percent or better finish.
As of this writing, only three such Nordsee property marked conversion units have been identified in publications:
- Land of Borchardt Collection - N.100, serial number 548,
- G. Sturgess Collection - N.130, serial number 514,
- T. Knox Collection (as of 1992) - N.256, serial number 947a.
There are two other large box ERMA .22 Cal LR conversion units pictured in,
- Luger Variations, © 1959 by the late Harry Jones, page 269 and,
- Lugers at Random, © 1969 by C. Kenyon, Jr., page 382.
Both units are difficult to identify, however, the Kenyon example is (ink) stamped on the inside of the top cover, in two lines with S.E.L. f. P i. 08./NP. 489., which is the only known such stamped example. Additionally, the top of the toggle link breechblock appears to lack the ERMA/Erfurt logo, but looks to have a laterally applied number. This identical conversion unit is pictured in two later publications titled: Luger Tips, © 1976 by M. Reese II, revised 1992. In the revised 1992 publication, it is pictured on page 83 with the added, corrected caption information: NAZI .22 Caliber conversion Unit, Photo Credit: Charles Kenyon – Courtesy Don Lane Collection. An excellent line drawing depiction of a large box .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit with an excellent, detailed, exploded view of the individual components broken down and in their assembly order is pictured in a well-known publication titled: World of Lugers, © 1977 by the late S. Costanzo, on page 62.
Navy property number N.130, serial number 514 is featured in excellent, color detail in the following two publications:
- Pistole Parabellum, © 2010, Volume III, Accessories and Ancillaries, Chapter Fifty-Two, Sub-Caliber Training Devices, Describing the boxed ERMA kit, pages 1602, 1603 and 1604, figure 1591 Caption: An early large boxed ERMA S.E.L.f. P.08, sn 514, with Naval markings, box dated 1932 and figure 1592.
- The Borchardt and Luger Automatic Pistols, © 2011 & 2012, Volume III, Chapter 19 Accessories, Sub-Caliber Devices, page 1398, figure 19-286.
- Weimar and Early NAZI Lugers and Their Accessories, © 1993 by J. Still, the variation described on page 162 and pictured on page 186.
Since these Weimar Reichsmarine navy era Marinestation der Nordsee property number marked .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Units are extensively discussed and pictured in both Görtz/Sturgess publications noted above, featuring N.130, serial number 514, both publications with the same excellent, detailed information on the history of the entire German manufacture of Sub Caliber Conversion Units, including all the markings and their meanings, will not be repeated, except where the information or pictures differs with the features or markings of N.100, serial number 548 and other previously published, navy marked large box units.
The subject box and most of the contents are stamped with the Nordsee property number N.100, except for a mismatched N.101 property stamped aluminum magazine bottom. The small parts are serial number stamped 548 on the breechblock or 48 on the middle and rear toggle link and on the barrel insert, blued sliding tube with copper sleeve, accompanied by a factory inspection eagle. The thick wall, five round .22 Cal LR capacity magazine body is stamped on the left side with a droop wing eagle over WaA49 ERMA factory inspection stamp, along with the (serial) number 1048, unless 1048 is not the serial number, but part of the WaA49 stamping, although this creates difficulty in explaining the sequence or application of Navy property marks with the N.256 magazine body stamping of 977a which is clearly identified as the serial number.
The large box conversion unit was first introduced in 1932 in the Weimar-Reichsmarine era, however, was used mostly by the Kriegsmarine. All the large ERMA/Erfurt boxes are dimensionally identical, being 15¾-inches long x 5¼-inchs wide x 2-inches deep, weighing 70.7 ounces (4.2 Lbs.) or 2004 grams. A coat of varnish was applied to the box exterior, probably upon receipt and after the top cover N.100 property number engraving was applied. The finish survives, mostly intact except the bottom surface, where it is mostly worn off. The work may have been done in an area where other navy items were painted, as an accidental drop of “battleship grey” paint is located in the top right corner of the box cover. Other observed large box, non-navy conversion units lack this finish.
The top of the subject box cover is stamped with a stylized NAZI Eagle M over N.100 and the box underside is stamped with an eagle over Su45 acceptance stamp. This stamping is on the N.130 box is identically stamped on the box underside resting surface, except that, as stated in Pistole Parabellum, page 1605, figure 1591 caption, it is additionally stamped with the year 1932 under the unidentified, upper case letter characters R.R., both over eagle Su45. This 1932 date stamp is shown in a cropped photo described to be located on the bottom box surface, although, based on the quality of the stamping and the fine condition of the wood finish in the picture, it could be on the top cover, or the bottom resting surface of the N.130 box survived quite nicely, vs. the rougher, more worn bottom resting surface of N.100. Apparently, the date stamping and especially the location is arbitrary in nature, as the N.130 box and N.256 box are the only two known such date-stamped boxes, interestingly, with the date stamped on the bottom of the N.130 box, whereas, the stamp is located on the lid or top of the N.256 box, also it is not known who applied the date, ERMA or the navy. Unfortunately, both the N.130 and N.256 large wooden boxes are pictured only with the lid opened.
There are no other external markings on the N.100 undated box except for a WaA85 inspection stamp located on the box front edge base portion of the metal plate, push button locking mechanism. The N.130 serial number 514 S.E.L.f. P.08 WaA… inspection markings are discussed in great detail in the two Görtz/Sturgess publications, where this N.100 serial number 548 WaA88 inspection stamping and location is not mentioned, so it is assumed that the marking and location is not present on N.130.
The markings of the N.130 magazine are not shown but are presumed to be the same and identically placed as N.101, centrally located on the magazine body left side, however, this is not certain as only the right side of the bottom stamped N.130 magazine is shown, presumably the serial number 514 is stamped on the right side below a WaA49 inspection stamp.
The N101 Nordsee navy property stamped magazine is only one digit off the balance of the N.100 stamped parts yet, what one assumes to be the magazine four-digit serial number of 1048 is 500 digits higher than the N.100 serialized parts of 548 and 48. It is, therefore, difficult to determine the complete serial number of the N.100 marked sub caliber conversion unit, be it four (1548), or three (548) digits. Another observation, based on the serial number of N.100 being 548 compared against N.130 serial number 514, a difference of 34 vs. 30 between N.100 and N.130 is not only not consecutive, but not progressive, indicating the manufacture and serialization of the conversion units and/or the application of the Nordsee “acceptance” property numbers, suggesting the delivery or acquisition was quite sporadic in nature.
The cleaning rod
The length of the cleaning rod, including the handle is 16½-inches, with one of the two supplied cleaning rod threaded accessories attached, the length is 17¼-inches. The steel shaft diameter, which the shaft rotates in the wooden handle is 4.8 m/m. The wooden handle diameter is 26 m/m and the notch in the handle is not for decorative or cosmetic reasons, but is actually a tight fitting, threaded joint, making the handle a two-section assembly, which was required for insertion of metal bearings, allowing the shaft to turn in the handle. The wooden handle is stamped with a stylized NAZI Eagle M over N.100 and one-quarter turn or 45° of rotation is stamped ЯK over eagle/Su58. There are no other markings on the wooden handle and none on the steel rod. The N.130 cleaning rod handle is identically marked, except the N.100 wooden handle has a dark mahogany wood finish, whereas the N.130 wooden handle is light brown or tan in appearance.
Based on the N.256 wooden handle color or finish being identical to N.100, the assumption being the finish and/or wood used for the wooden handle was arbitrary, varying from assembly to assembly. Pictured is the cleaning rod and fabric covered attaching jag, next to the N.100 barrel extension, installed in the N.913 9mm barrel and receiver. Pictured is the cleaning rod inserted into the N.100 stamped cleaning rod guide installed in the N.913 barrel receiver assembly. Differences between the N.100 and the N.256 cleaning rod is that the N.256 Nordsee property stamped cleaning rod wooden handle has an unidentified, different style eagle and lacks the stylized M for Marinen under the eagle.
The N.100 cleaning rod guide and shaft, the barrel insert with sliding tube with copper sleeve and the toggle link assembly are marked identical to the N.130 components. The N.100 component parts were put together in a picture collage, identical to the N.130 picture presented in the two Görtz/Sturgess publications for comparison purposes, and as stated above all markings and locations are identical, however, in The Borchardt and Luger Automatic Pistols publication, figure 19-286 N.130 collage the barrel insert shaft and the cleaning rod guide rod shaft appear to be blued or artificially darkened, and the same N.130 picture in the earlier Pistole Parabellum publication, barrel insert shaft color is the same as figure 19-286, but the cleaning rod guide shaft color is much closer to normal, whereas, the same N.100 parts are more accurate representations, being white metal in appearance. The disparities in appearance of the N.130 components could be a difference between two different printers, but appear deliberate.
The N.100 property marked .22 LR Sub Caliber Unit is pictured assembled to a 1917 Imperial navy P.04 Luger, serial number 417 which was Weimar era modified to a P.08 configuration and assigned to the Weimar navy as attested by the N.913 property marked rear gripstrap and matching magazine, along with the period, identical stylized eagle over M. The extractor and original toggle link assembly of serial number 417 were removed and stored in the box while practicing, as intended, but because of the unusual configuration of the rear link with its’ original P.04 100 – 200 meter adjustable rear sight, the box lid will not completely close. There are several such Weimar modified Imperial navy P.04 Lugers where the original 100 – 200 meter adjustable rear sights are retained.
As stated in The Borchardt and Luger Pistols by Görtz/Sturgess that of the large box .22 Cal Sub Caliber Conversion Units or S.E.L.f. P.08s, only “N” (Nordsee) property numbers of up to three-digits in the low hundreds have been observed on such sets. The use of the Nordsee property designation of the letter character N for Nordsee, followed by a number is assumed to be used exclusively for Reichsmarine and later Kriegsmarine pistols and accessories. In the Weimar and Early NAZI Lugers and Their Accessories, ©1993 by J. Still on page 203 states that Nordsee property numbers listed on page 204, Table 4 from N.53 through N.969 were applied to Lugers 1929 and later, while listed on page 204 from N.993 were applied on Lugers from 1935 and later. The table has been modified to add additional Nordsee property numbered Lugers and N.100, N.130 and N.256 .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Units, aka S.E.L.f. P.08s.
N.53 through N.969 represents an incomplete list, totaling 41 pistols, however, assuming the N property numbering is sequential and progressive would amount to a total of approximately 916 N property numbered 1929 to 1935 Reichsmarine pistols, excluding the three known navy S.E.L.f. P.08s and not accounting for other unidentified N property numbered S.E.L.f. P.08s dispersed throughout that range.
Also stated in Weimar and Early NAZI Lugers and Their Accessories, on page 162 that: These large box units are dated as early as 1932 as some were manufactured and issued late in the Weimar Era. In about 1935, after the adoption of the R.G.34 cleaning kit. The large box, with cleaning accessories, was discontinued and replaced with a small wooden box, which had no cleaning accessories. The Borchardt and Luger Pistols by Görtz/Sturgess states in the Fig. 19-29 caption on page 1389 pictures a small box that: The small boxed ERMA insert device made after 1935 without the cleaning accessories, and on page 1397 that the ERMA S.E.L.f. P.08 conversion units were made well into the late 1930s, citing serial numbers in the 35xxb range.
In an excellent publication, The Navy Luger, © 1988 by Görtz/Walter presents in a section on pages 116 through 121 titled: Navy Pistols after 1919, is described in a relatively short section a detailed, succinct history of the post-war Reichsmarine pistol requirements, markings, conversions and touches on the use of sub caliber devices. Pictured below is an excerpt from that section.
Per the Navy Luger, © 1988 by Görtz/Walter on page 119 states:
Based on the information presented in The Navy Luger book and assuming a 2,000 pistol supply and one S.E.L.f. P.08 conversion unit per twenty-five pistols would amount to about eighty S.E.L.f. P.08s for target training, however, since only a maximum of about half that amount of N property numbered pistols were available up to 1935, based on Table 4 extrapolations of approximately 916 pistols would, subsequently half the amount of S.E.L.f. P.08s available for training purposes to about forty. This does not take into account the needs of the Marinestation der Ostsee or O. property numbered pistols in inventory in the same pre 1935 time period. This scenario is presented to emphasize the scarcity of the large box S.E.L.f. P.08 target training cases and does not reflect the Reichsmarine P.08 handgun inventory of the late 1920s. It is interesting that the identification of the lowest two-digit N property numbers are mostly found on P.08 Lugers in the late 1920s, suggesting that the Reichsmarine N property number system did not start until the late 1920s. If this is the case, the Reichsmarine handgun inventory, prior to the late 1920s, and how were they marked, if at all, is unknown.
3./R.R.13.1. Weapon no. 1, 3rd Squadron, 13th Reiter, Prussian Cavalry Regiment .22 Cal Sub Caliber Conversion Unit serial number 3679.
Pictured is an early production Erma – Erfurt large box .22 Cal LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit issued to the Weimar era Reichswehr (Army) as Weapon no. 1, 3rd squadron, 13th Reiter, Prussian Cavalry Regiment .22 Cal Sub Caliber Conversion Unit, serial number 3675. Pictured is a 1920s Simson Suhl Army Luger fitted with the S.E.L.f. 3675 conversion unit consisting of the toggle link assembly and 3286 numbered barrel insert resting on the opened case. Shown in the case is the intended (box provided) temporary storage of the Simson Suhl toggle link assembly and ejector and the magazine. Serial number, no letter suffix 3675 is another example of a rare large wooden box underside burned-in (branded) red colored R.R. 1932 dated sub caliber conversion unit, in this case, issued to the Reichswehr with a matching serial number, 10 shot WaA49 eagle stamped magazine 3675. Interesting that the earlier mentioned N.130 Reichsmarine large box underside, also burned-in red colored date R.R. 1932 and with the early manufacture eagle/Su45 (Heeres-Zeugamt Spandau) inspection mark, whereas the earlier N.100 property stamped box, which is the lowest known Reichsmarine large box property number, also has the identical eagle/Su45 inspection mark, yet curiously lacks the box underside R.R. 1932 burned-in (branded) red colored date.
Pictured is the serial number 3679 Reichswehr issued sub caliber conversion unit installed in a 1920s, no chamber dated Reichswehr Simson & Co./Suhl P.08, serial number 9640.
WaA132 large box ERMA ERFURT .22 LR S.E.L.f. P.08, serial number 3595a
Pictured is a standard, mid production, large box Erma Erfurt .22LR Sub Caliber Conversion Unit, serial number 3595a with mismatching, but correct five-round capacity, with two eagle/117 stamped magazine, serial number 3290a with another eagle/132 stamped on the magazine, lower spine flat surface. The barrel insert, copper lined sliding sleeve is stamped eagle/117 near the flange. The rectangular block is stamped on three sides with:
- an eagle and the bore 5, 37 mm
- the serial number 3595a.
The threaded barrel insert is missing one of the two threaded locking nuts, however, the single circular, outer circumference knurled locking nut is eagle/117 stamped on the flat surface.
The cleaning rod threaded jag is stamped ЯK and eagle/88 at the base and the threaded cleaning rod brass wire brush attachment is stamped J.S.
The light color wooden cleaning rod handle is also stamped ЯK , but slightly larger and under the ЯK is stamped eagle/88.The cleaning rod rotating steel shaft has a small eagle 88 stamp, located near the base.
The cleaning rod guide block is stamped only on the rear surface with an eagle 88 and a circle K.
This WaA132 ERMA factory inspection stamped kit was made in 1935 or later,
based on the serial number and a droop wing eagle/88 stamped on the cleaning rod guide end, not used before 1935.
The toggle link assembly insert breechblock is stamped on the top surface with a later Erma Erfurt style logo in an oval shaped cartouche.
A large droop wing eagle over WaA132 is stamped on the large box, lower left exterior base
the much smaller Eagle over Su45 on the N.100 exterior box base resting surface.
The toggle link assembly is stamped in four places with the serial number, along with eagle/117 and eagle/132 ERMA factory inspection stamps. All of the stampings, their locations and meanings are thoroughly discussed in both Görtz/Sturgess publications identified herein.
Of the three large box variations featured: the early production, extremely rare Nordsee property N.100, Erma Erfurt Su45 factory stamped variation, and second the Prussian and thirdly the mid production WaA132 stamped variation, are prized collectibles and even with the more encountered WaA132 variation, relatively speaking, are seldom offered for sale.
The German Army 22 Cal S.E.L. instruction manual
Per the Görtz/Sturgess publications Pistole Parabellum, Volume III, Chapter Fifty Five, page 1591, Sub-Caliber Training Devices, figure 1572 and The Borchardt & Luger Automatic Pistols, Volume III, Chapter 19, page 1387, Accessories, figure 19-276 captions state that: a German Army instruction manual for the ERMA self-loading device, D 123, was first issued on November 1, 1932 and regularly reprinted up to 1940 with various Deckblätter (figures) incorporated with the 1938 printing incorporating sheets 1 – 16. The 1937 and 1939 printings were identical.
An example of the 1932 first edition printing of the D 123 instruction manual was first pictured in in the 1985 Gun Collectors Digest on page 68 and the same D 123 instruction manual was again pictured on page 187, Figure 50b in the 1993 publication titled Weimar Lugers referenced below.
One would think that with regular printing editions of the basic 1932 D 123 German Army 22 Cal S.E.L. instruction manual from 1932 up to 1940 that there would be several collectible examples available, however, that is not the case, due mainly to the esoteric nature of the manual and other unknown factors, and as stated in Weimar and Early NAZI Lugers and Accessories by J. Still, © 1993 on page 162 that: Weimar Era Army and Navy literature is sparse, apparently Imperial literature sufficed in most cases. Pictured is one such, rather large dimension 5.87-inch x 8.25-inch (149mm x 208mm), 1940 (Berlin 1939) final original edition printing of the 1932 instruction manual, stating on the cover that the manual comprises 16 pages (part of the LOB collection).
However, the cover page statement that the manual contains sixteen (16) pages is incorrect as the subject 1940 dated manual consists of only twelve (12) numbered pages, along with figures/pictures on pages four, five and eight. Additionally, the cover and inside cover page states in two lines (actually one complete sentence):
Unveränderter Nachdrud 1940 – Unchanged reprint 1940
mit eingearbeiteten Deckblättern 1 – 16 – inlaid with cover sheets 1 – 16
The statement “Unchanged reprint 1940” implies the 1940 printing hasn’t changed from the earlier dated reprints, yet the 1938 D 123 pictured cover does not have the statement “Unchanged reprint”, only the curious, single line statement: Nachdrud mit Eingearbeiteten Deckblättern 1 – 16 or Reprinted with incorporated (inlaid) cover sheets 1 – 16. Note the absence of the word “Unchanged.”
The Borchardt & Luger Automatic Pistols by Görtz/Sturgess, Volume I, page 359, Chapter 5 – Instruction Manuals, figure 5-33 picturing two D 123 instruction manuals, 1932 and 1938, of which the caption describes the 1938 document as incorporating 1 through 16 “amendment sheets”, whereas, in the earlier publication Pistole Parabellum by Görtz/Sturgess, Volume III, Chapter Fifty-Two, page 1591, figure 1572 picturing the identical 1938 D 123 instruction manual “cover”, the caption description simply states: This printing incorporates sheets 1 - 16.
The Görtz/Sturgess figure 5-33 has been modified to point out noted differences. The 1938 D 123 cover page, based on the color looks to be the first inside page of the document and not the cover, yet the staples are curiously located on the right side vs. the subject 1940 inside cover page, which shows the staples to be to the left, which is correct for the 1940 D 123 document. For the right side location of the staples of the figure 5-33 1938 D 123 cover page to be correct, the page would open or turn to the right, making it the rear cover. Also, there seems to be a document dimension disparity. Another original D 123, 22 Cal S.E.L. instruction manual, with 16 pages, needs to be examined to determine what is discussed/described on the additional four pages, possibly numbered thirteen through sixteen.
Per correspondence with G. Sturgess the above conclusions regarding the number of pages and interpretations may not be correct and alternate explanations by Sturgess are presented: The manual was always 12 pages in all editions, the reference to "eingearbeiteten Deckblattern 1 - 16" refers to the inclusion of the 16 modification sheets issued over the years from the first edition of 1932 - these were pasted into earlier manuals when modifications were made, but incorporated into the text when the manual was re-printed - it is not a reference to the number of pages. I don't have a record of the source of the illustration of the 1938 D123, as it is not my manual - I don't think the marks are staples, as this is not possible on the right side, but “accidental artifacts from the image preparation”. These manuals varied in size and format etc. depending upon the printing. I have two copies of the same edition you have, the 1939 edition/1940 unaltered printing, which are the same as yours, 12 pages long.
Per The Borchardt & Luger Automatic Pistols, figure 5-41 text caption states that: The first official Police manual for the ERMA self-loading .22 sub-calibre device, left, Anleitung zum Gebrauch des Selbstlade-Einstecklaufes (S.E.L.) für Pistole 08 mit Ziel-Munition Kal. 22 lang für Büchsen (Instructions for use of the Self-loading Insert Barrel (SEL) for pistol 08 with Target Ammunition .22 Long Rifle) was published by the Interior Ministry, Inspectorate for Uniformed State Police in 1934. It was a copy of the Army manual D 123 published in November 1932, with amendments only to the unit marking instructions. The same instructions were included in the Fischer manuals in abbreviated form, using, right, the same illustrations from D 123. The instruction at bottom right, Aufbewahrungskasten (Storage Box) refers to the storage of the P.08’s ejector and magazine in the box in which the S.E.L. was supplied, when these components were removed from the pistol to fit the S.E.L.
Pictured are several original pages and figures in the above referenced 1941 German manual by Karl Fischer titled: Waffentechnischer Leitfaden Für Die Ordnungspolizei or 1941 Weapon-Technology Manual for the Regular German Police which picture and describe in text the operational instructions for the use of the Erma 22 Cal Sub Caliber Conversion Unit. Pictured are:
- the manual cover page and Table of Contents,
- pages 342 and 343,
- pages 344 and 345 and,
- page 360 picturing the ammunition used and two boxes of period 22. Cal ammunition, DWM and RWS.
Pictured are two Navy training pictures. The first is an extremely rare photo of a large number of Kaiserliche Marine Matrosen, which appear to be practicing, being in a target-shooting pose with Pistole 04, flanked on each end by an officer. The picture is in the form of an undated, uncensored post card and could be interpreted as a publicity photo, nevertheless, whether actually practicing or posing is mute, as there is no doubt the Kaisers navy practiced target shooting with the Pistole 04 as a 1909 Torpedo boat handbook includes a special added section on the aiming and shooting instructions, service and maintenance for the Pistole 04 and accessories.
The second picture is from The Navy Luger book on page 120 and shows several navy shooting school Reichsmarine sailors standing around a table and examining their P.08 Lugers fitted with sub caliber conversion units with a caption stating the picture was taken 1930 – 1931 with Pistole 08s fitted with Einsteckläufe or barrel inserts. The Pistole 08 on the left appears to be fitted with a small caliber, short version, where the Pistole 08 on the right looks to be fitted with the longer .22 Cal LR S.E.L.f. P.08.
Pictures of sub caliber conversion units.
Pictures of Weimar Navy Lugers.